Remote Learning Expectations for Students/Families
Cell Phone Policy
- Cell phones & headphones are not to be seen or used in the classroom at any time, for any reason.
- Teachers will take the following steps if a student is using a cell phone in class.
- 1st time – Teacher asks the student to turn off the phone and put in backpack.
- 2nd time – Teacher asks for the cell phone for the rest of the period and returns to the student at the end of class.
- If a student refuses to follow our cell phone policy, someone from the Culture Team will be alerted by staff and will respond.
- That student’s cell phone will remain with the Culture Team until the end of the day. Parents/guardians will be notified of the incident and reminded of our cell phone policy.
- If a student refuses to follow our cell phone policy more than once, the cell phone will only be returned when parents/guardians come in to have a meeting around appropriate cell phone use.
- Depending on the situation, this meeting could result in a cell phone contract, a student being prohibited from bringing their cell phone to school, and/or suspension.
- Phone calls to students from parents/guardians during instructional time should be made to the main office at 720-423-6000.